• World News
  • Investing
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Editor’s Pick
Target Line News
Politics

Iran’s top prosecutor criticizes Trump’s announcement that 800+ executions were halted: ‘Completely false’

by January 24, 2026
by January 24, 2026

Iran’s top prosecutor pushed back Friday on a recent announcement from President Donald Trump that Iran canceled more than 800 executions, alleging that the president’s remarks are ‘completely false.’ 

Trump wrote on Truth Social last week, ‘I greatly respect the fact that all scheduled hangings, which were to take place yesterday (Over 800 of them), have been cancelled by the leadership of Iran. Thank you!’ 

However, Iran’s top prosecutor, Mohammad Movahedi, said Friday that, ‘This claim is completely false; no such number exists, nor has the judiciary made any such decision,’ according to The Associated Press. 

‘We have a separation of powers, the responsibilities of each institution are clearly defined, and we do not, under any circumstances, take instructions from foreign powers,’ Movahedi reportedly added in comments published by the Iranian judiciary’s Mizan news agency.

When asked for reaction Friday, a White House official told Fox News Digital that Trump is monitoring the situation in Iran very seriously and that all options remain available if the regime in Tehran executes protesters. 

The official added that following Trump’s warnings to Iran, demonstrators who were set to be sentenced to death there were not. 

The White House official also said Trump believes this is good news and is hoping the trend continues.

‘What I will say with respect to Iran is that the president and his team have communicated to the Iranian regime that if the killing continues, there will be grave consequences,’ White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt told reporters last week. 

As of Friday, there have been 5,032 deaths during the crackdown against anti-government protesters in Iran, the AP reported, citing the U.S.-based Human Rights Activists News Agency.

Iran’s government offered its first death toll Wednesday, saying 3,117 people had been killed. It claimed that 2,427 of the dead in the demonstrations that began Dec. 28 were civilians and security forces, with the rest being ‘terrorists.’ 

The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Trump threatens Iran with crushing response as Tehran denies halting protest executions
next post
Federal judge questions Trump authority on White House ballroom project

You may also like

Federal judge questions Trump authority on White House...

January 24, 2026

Trump threatens Iran with crushing response as Tehran...

January 24, 2026

Chaos in Syria sparks fears of ISIS prison...

January 24, 2026

Trump pushes ‘Trump-a-palooza’ midterm convention as GOP braces...

January 24, 2026

White House baby boom in full bloom as...

January 23, 2026

GOP lawmaker accuses Jack Smith of ‘spying’ on...

January 23, 2026

Patel reveals bizarre ‘self-awarded’ trophy former FBI officials...

January 23, 2026

Trump says US should have tested NATO by...

January 23, 2026

RNC eyes ‘America First’ midterm convention to boost...

January 23, 2026

Trump says framework of ‘future deal’ on Greenland...

January 22, 2026







    Join our mailing list to get access to special deals, promotions, and insider information. Your exclusive benefits await! Enjoy personalized recommendations, first dibs on sales, and members-only content that makes you feel like a true VIP. Sign up now and start saving!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    • About us
    • Contacts
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Email Whitelisting

    Disclaimer: targetlinenews.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2025 targetlinenews.com | All Rights Reserved

    Target Line News
    • World News
    • Investing
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Editor’s Pick