• World News
  • Investing
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Editor’s Pick
Target Line News
Politics

Federal judge questions Trump authority on White House ballroom project

by January 24, 2026
by January 24, 2026

As President Donald Trump aims to build a ballroom at the White House, federal Judge Richard Leon on Thursday reportedly asked Justice Department lawyers to point to what authority allows the president to engage in a construction project at the White House.

‘Where do you see the authority for the president to tear down the East Wing and build something in its place?’ the judge asked, according to The Washington Post. 

While the outlet reported that Leon said he could issue a decision next month, NBC News reported that the judge promised that he would issue a decision in February.

Attorney Thad Heuer, who represents the National Trust for Historic Preservation, contended that the president lacks the constitutional power to rip down the East Wing and build a ballroom, according to NBC News, which quoted Heuer as saying, ‘He’s not the owner.’

The outlet reported that the judge seemed to be leaning in the direction of pausing the project.

Fox News Digital reached out to the White House on Friday.

‘The president didn’t want $400 million in taxpayer money to be used for this,’ Justice Department attorney Yaakov Roth said, according to NBC News. 

‘He wanted to use donations,’ Roth noted.

The project began last year at the behest of Trump, but he has asserted that it is being funded by private donations, not taxpayer dollars.

‘I am honored to be the first President to finally get this much-needed project underway — with zero cost to the American Taxpayer!’ Trump declared in an October Truth Social post. ‘The White House Ballroom is being privately funded by many generous Patriots, Great American Companies, and, yours truly. This Ballroom will be happily used for Generations to come!’ 

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

0 comment
0
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail

previous post
Iran’s top prosecutor criticizes Trump’s announcement that 800+ executions were halted: ‘Completely false’

You may also like

Trump threatens Iran with crushing response as Tehran...

January 24, 2026

Iran’s top prosecutor criticizes Trump’s announcement that 800+...

January 24, 2026

Chaos in Syria sparks fears of ISIS prison...

January 24, 2026

Trump pushes ‘Trump-a-palooza’ midterm convention as GOP braces...

January 24, 2026

White House baby boom in full bloom as...

January 23, 2026

GOP lawmaker accuses Jack Smith of ‘spying’ on...

January 23, 2026

Patel reveals bizarre ‘self-awarded’ trophy former FBI officials...

January 23, 2026

Trump says US should have tested NATO by...

January 23, 2026

RNC eyes ‘America First’ midterm convention to boost...

January 23, 2026

Trump says framework of ‘future deal’ on Greenland...

January 22, 2026







    Join our mailing list to get access to special deals, promotions, and insider information. Your exclusive benefits await! Enjoy personalized recommendations, first dibs on sales, and members-only content that makes you feel like a true VIP. Sign up now and start saving!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    • About us
    • Contacts
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Email Whitelisting

    Disclaimer: targetlinenews.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2025 targetlinenews.com | All Rights Reserved

    Target Line News
    • World News
    • Investing
    • Economy
    • Politics
    • Editor’s Pick